The Old Railway Line Garden Centre Ltd (Old Railway Line) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as well as complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 1998.
Why this privacy statement?
We process your personal data for the benefit of our service provision. We attach great importance to your privacy and we will therefore treat these personal details confidentially and carefully. Personal data is processed in accordance with the legal provisions such as the Data Protection Act and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR). We would like to further inform you about this in this privacy statement.
Applicability of privacy statement
This privacy statement provides information about the processing of personal data by or on behalf of Old Railway Line and only applies to the use of its customers’ personal data and visitors to the website.
Identity of Old Railway Line Garden Centre Ltd
Old Railway Line is responsible within the meaning of the Data Protection Act and – with effect from 25 May 2018 – the General Data Protection Regulation. This privacy statement provides information about the collection and processing of personal data by or on behalf of Old Railway Line.
Old Railway Line is known under Companies House company number 06005307. Old Railway Line has its registered office address in Old Railway Line Garden Centre, Three Cocks, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0SG in United Kingdom and can be reached on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we collect personal data?
Old Railway Line can receive information from you in the following ways:
– Directly from you: for example, by entering into an agreement with us, if you contact us by email, telephone or in writing, you place an order in our web shop, register for activities, use the customer card or subscribe to our newsletter.
What personal data do we collect?
Old Railway Line may process personal data about you because you use the services of Old Railway Line and/or because you provide it to Old Railway Line Garden Centre yourself when you fill in a contact form on the website. Old Railway Line can process the following personal data:
– Contact and account details, including name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, information about your home, garden and pets, personal preferences, social media account(s) and any login details that you provided.
– We do not save payment and invoice details if you make an online payment via a third party such as WorldPay. If you provide this information yourself to us in another way, for example, in writing or by email, payment details will be destroyed safely after the payment has been processed
– If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of transactions you carry out in-store or online and the fulfilment of your orders.
– Website details – such as IP address, traffic and location data and information about the use of our website, web shop, customer card and digital newsletters.
– Information that you submit when you apply for a job with us, such as your CV, motivation and any related information.
For what purposes do we collect your personal data?
Old Railway Line uses personal data obtained in the first instance to carry out the agreement that we conclude with the customer in the context of offering products and services on our website, web shop and in our physical shop, and for internal administration.
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
– Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement
– Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. opening a reward card or online account.
– Legitimate Interest – where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party
– Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
More specifically, we ask you to share your personal data with us for the following purposes:
– For the benefit of entering into, maintaining and improving the contractual relationship with its (potential) customers, or for improving the services and products.
– For the application and implementation of legal obligations.
– To make analyses regarding purchasing and visiting behaviour on the website, web shop and our physical shop and comparing this with other (similar) shops with which we have active or passive cooperation.
– To provide your personal promotions, offers, tips and information by email and/or post.
– To provide purchase related information such as user guides, usage tips, information, warranty certificates, purchase receipts and related products.
– To send promotions on the birthday of customers.
Old Railway Line may send newsletters by email. If you no longer wish to receive a newsletter, you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. Personal data is not used for purposes other than those described above.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Old Railway Line may share your personal data with companies affiliated with Old Railway Line, its clients, subcontractors (such as processors) who provide services on behalf of us or carry out assignments, suppliers, government agencies and other business contacts.
Old Railway Line may be required to provide your details due to a statutory obligation on Old Railway Line and/or following requests from authorities. Old Railway Line has taken the necessary organisational and contractual measures to ensure that personal data is processed and protected in line with European legislation.
What cookies do we place?
– the IP address of the visitor;
– the date and time of the visit;
– the URL of the referring site (the site from which the visitor originates);
– the pages visited on our website;
– information about the browser used (type and version, operating system, etc.).
We use technical information and cookies to facilitate your visit on the website and to optimise the performance and user experience of the website. Cookies can be placed both by Old Railway Line itself and by other parties with whom Old Railway Line cooperates. Below is an overview of the types of cookies that are placed through the Old Railway Line website:
Old Railway Line places cookies that are necessary for the website to function properly and to provide a requested service. These cookies are used to save certain user and preferred settings, to save any log in data and to optimise the user-friendliness of the website.
Old Railway Line uses analytical cookies, such as the Google Analytics cookies, which collect information about the use of the website. These capture, among other things, the number of website visitors, the visited pages and the duration of their stay. The collected data is used to improve the service and optimise the content of the website to the wishes and needs of the users.
Old Railway Line has concluded a processor agreement with Google for the use of Google Analytics. This agreement ensures that the Google Analytics cookies have been set in the most privacy friendly way. Old Railway Line has not given Google permission to use information obtained through Old Railway Line for other Google services.
Tracking or advertising cookies
Tracking cookies are cookies that collect data about the (internet) behaviour of the website user. These tracking cookies are used to enable the user to make optimal use of our website. For example, these cookies are used to record information about the visit so that relevant information can be used for the convenience of the user on a subsequent visit, for example by filling in forms or offering ads that match the (search) profile of the user.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
What are your rights?
You must ensure that Old Railway Line has the correct personal data. You can object to the use of certain data by Old Railway Line, or request your data for inspection, correction and/or removal of your (personal) data in writing to the e-mail address email@example.com. Upon written request, any corrections made by you will be processed. Old Railway Line will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but within four weeks.
Complaints about the use of personal data can be directed to Old Railway Line or to the legally competent institution in our country.
How do we secure your personal data?
Old Railway Line takes the protection of personal data very seriously and takes appropriate physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
All information you provide online is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Should you still have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of your personal data, please contact Old Railway Line on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments, complaints
If you have any questions, comments or complaints in response to this privacy statement or about the way Old Railway Line handles your personal data, you can contact us by e-mail on email@example.com.