Gardening Tips July
- Prune and dead head roses
- Dead head bedding plants, hanging baskets and containers
- Plant autumn flowering bulbs
- Water and feed regularly
- Harvest vegetable crops as soon as they are ready. Some ground crops are ok to stay in for longer
- Keep the vegetable garden well watered and weed regularly
- Sow main crop vegetables such as carrots, spring cabbage, peas, radish and lettuce
- Harvest raspberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants and gooseberries
- Keep clipping away at your fresh herb plants. You can freeze herbs.
- Put up greenhouse shading in preparation for sunny days
- Plant crops such as tomatoes and cucumbers into containers
- Keep a close eye on the watering and feed regularly
- Keep well ventilated
- Damp down regularly to increase humidity
- Continue to mow but raise the height slightly during dry periods to keep the lawn looking lush and green
- Keep edges trimmed
- July is a holiday month. Water the garden well before you go. You may wish to think about setting up an automatic watering system
- Keep hedges neatly clipped
- Ensure the pond is well oxygenated. Fountains should be running all day
- Keep the pond level topped up during hot weather
- Get the BBQ out and take advantage of any nice weather!
- The garden is also a great place to relax as well as work!